Wednesday, April 6, 2011

It's a....

I went in for my first doctor's appointment and ended up having an ultrasound! I was not measuring as far along as most, so the doctor wanted to be sure the baby measured correctly. In the ultrasound the technician was able to see what we were having, but because Joel was not present I asked her to put the info in an envelope. That night at dinner we all found out that I are having a BOY!
We also found out that I am due a week early (August 13th) which is Noah's third birthday! So far everything is developing as planned for our little boy. We are thrilled and feel very blessed to be expecting another baby boy! We did not find out what we were having in the past because we liked to be surprised in the delivery room. This time we found out for the kids so they would know and be a little more prepared.
Apparently babies that are born at high altitude weigh 2-3 lbs less than those born at sea level. The doctor has assured me that this little guy will not measure up to his older brother who weighed 10 lbs. 5 oz. at birth. In the long run there won't be any difference in size. I can't wait to find out!
2/28

2 comments:

Rob and Carrie said...

We can't wait to meet the newest Nelson! I forgot to ask you if you have a name picked out? Not that you need to tell me what it is, but just wondering if you have one that you like!

Team Summers said...

Oh what a blessing indeed! So excited for you to experience brothers!!! Let the wrestling commence :) Congratulations on your party of 5!