
We had our ultrasound today and the Lord has blessed us indeed! My placenta is no longer in the way, the baby's measurements and mine are all good. I am right on track for a normal delivery. Thank you for your prayers and words of encouragement.
I must admit I am extremely tired this week. My family visited this past weekend (10 people) and VBS is this week. I am teaching one lesson a day to 35-40 children and then I spend the rest of the time with Lucy in the toddler room. It is so much fun to see Lucy interact with other kids her age. Lucy already exhibits signs of being the oldest child, she likes to help the adults clean, she is constantly on the go and would rather dance to the music in the video than sit and watch the video. I can see we will be working on sharing more. That is okay cause God knows the way he made Lucy and He will use her for his purpose.
Potty training? I am considering starting to train Lucy. In the past she would sign poop when she was going, but yesterday she told me poop-poo before she went. I should have brought her to the toilet but I wasn't thinking. In the future we will be going right to the toilet. I heard she may regress when the baby comes, but I figure why wait when she seems to know what she is about to do? Experienced potty trained moms what do you think?
I must admit I am extremely tired this week. My family visited this past weekend (10 people) and VBS is this week. I am teaching one lesson a day to 35-40 children and then I spend the rest of the time with Lucy in the toddler room. It is so much fun to see Lucy interact with other kids her age. Lucy already exhibits signs of being the oldest child, she likes to help the adults clean, she is constantly on the go and would rather dance to the music in the video than sit and watch the video. I can see we will be working on sharing more. That is okay cause God knows the way he made Lucy and He will use her for his purpose.
Potty training? I am considering starting to train Lucy. In the past she would sign poop when she was going, but yesterday she told me poop-poo before she went. I should have brought her to the toilet but I wasn't thinking. In the future we will be going right to the toilet. I heard she may regress when the baby comes, but I figure why wait when she seems to know what she is about to do? Experienced potty trained moms what do you think?
Lucy playing with her cousin Josh.
Riding the horse (saddle) with Daddy.


6 comments:
That is great news! Thanks for letting us know.
I definately think you should give it a try. Everyone seems to be talking about not pushing your kids into it to early, but that has backfired for lots of moms here that missed opportunities when their kiddos showed interest and ability. And now some of those same kids are well past 3 and are fighting it big time. You can always cool it off if it's clearly not working, but I bet you'll be suprised. She sounds very receptive to it! Just talk to a few local moms about how they did it, there are some great tips out there. We started with trying every 45 minutes, used stickers as rewards, never punished for accidents, had a potty ALWAYS nearby and even did the no pants no undies routine for 2 days to help it sink in :) Good luck!
Hi Mindi,
Praise the Lord for the good news on the baby!!
Love, Jeni
Mindi,
Thanks for sharing the great news about the baby!! So glad to hear it has moved! I'm debating the whole potty training thing too as Owen is telling me right after and wanting to be changed...I'm thinking of putting the potty out and letting him sit/use it when he wants, but not actually "training" him yet. I started early with caden and he got it right away, but it was a few more months before we were accident free. It doesn't hurt to try...Good Luck!
~Kristin
Mindi,
Praise God for keeping you and the baby safe. Very exciting news.
We are working on potty training Elli. My pediatrician said it is potty treaining, not potty asking, so we put her on the potty at least once an hour and don't say, "do you have to go potty?" She'll keep dry as long as we are consistant, but the pooping is easier than the peeing. When this round of pull ups is gone, I think I may switch to panties. We'll see how it goes! Happy training!
Happy Anniversary, guys!
Post a Comment