Friday, June 26, 2009

Don't Let the Bed Bugs Bite!

I never paid much attention to that phrase until now. We had planned for some adventure and fun in CA and we got a little more excitement then we had bargained for. There must have been some bed bugs left over from other travelers in our room and they bit Joel all up. I sleep with the covers over my whole body, so they did not get me. Poor guy! The hotel is taking care of us, but we do not have all the free time we had planned on since we have had to figure out how we will avoid bringing any bugs into our home.
For those of you who love to travel:
  • check your bed and mattress
  • bed bugs are visible if there is a bad infestation
  • keep your covers on
  • never put luggage on the floor...always a table or luggage rack
  • If you get a rash/bites in a hotel check the Internet to figure out what it is and then go to the hotel management
  • If you would like to know more read about them online and be sure to watch the clip put out by National Geographic....just thinking about them makes me itch.
So there you go!
I will post some CA pics this week.

1 comment:

Rob and Carrie said...

Oh, dear! Not fun. I've heard that bed bugs are bad again. Several people we know have had problems with them lately.