Tuesday, December 20, 2011

Happy Birthday Jesus!

Each year for Christmas we travel to see family so, we open our gifts with the kids and have a Birthday party for Jesus before we leave. We made a big chocolate cake, had Christmas readings, and opened gifts (this way we don't have to travel with the gifts). I made the Italian Wedding Soup for dinner to try out the recipe before I made it for Joel's family on Christmas Eve for our Italian Christmas. Joel and the kids loved the soup and gave great compliments.
I light a lot of candles on the table leading up to Christmas. I love the light in the dark of winter and I find it is a little calming for the kids!
Lucy and Noah's first gift was Christmas pajamas. They put them on right away and showed Swede.
Lucy was excited to find the mix and match bitty baby outfits!
Noah wanted the wood dinosaur from Pottery Barn Kids!

Swede with his new stocking. I was so excited to order a new stocking this year!
Lucy, Noah, and Swede (and Daddy) surprised me with a Mom necklace from Tiffany & Co. I had them do scavenger hunts for their advent gifts so, they put a scavenger hunt together for me to find my gift! Can you tell I was excited?

1 comment:

Rob and Carrie said...

Love the Christmas pajamas. We started that tradition this year, too. And anything that comes in that little blue box is pretty exciting!