Saturday, June 26, 2010

Grandma's 80th Birthday Party!

We made it back in time for my Grandma's 80th party. I wasn't sure how the details might work out so I did not mention that we might be able to make the party. We just surprised her. She was so happy and said, "you made my day!" It was a lot of fun to see some of my cousins and other relatives I had not seen for many years.
I don't think Grandma looks like she is even close to being 80! She still lives on her own and drives about 3 miles to help her daughter with her home daycare. She love to hold the babies. From what I hear she is not a slow driver. She can really punch the petal, but I have never road with her in the car.
I also got to see my Grandma's old neighbor Maryette. Maryette use to come for a visit almost daily and she was so funny and adorable the way she liked to apply her lipstick Betty Boop style! When she would leave she would say too-da-loo to everybody...not sure where it came from. A couple days before the party I thought about Maryette and knowing that she was older than Grandma wondered what ever happened to her and then I got to see her at the party! She is 94 and still living at home. She is slow to get around, but still moving :)

No comments: