Saturday, July 24, 2010

Another Saturday Hike!

We hiked Glen Eyrie today. Just about every Saturday we take the kids out for a different hike. That is the amazing part of living in Colorado Springs. This time we went with a family from church. The water was not as high as it was in the Spring, so the hike was a little easier. Lucy hiked the most of it on her own. She did really well crossing the stream many times.
Noah rode in the Kelty most of the time, but still carried his hiking pole!


Ahh the waterfall (Lucy is into making faces)!
Joel took Noah up top and went for a swim (Noah did not swim in the icy mountain water).
We saw about a dozen big horn sheep coming in and on the way out they came running at Lucy and I (Mindi)! No kidding! I was at the castle with Lucy and saw Joel drove by (we were separated when he went up top) so I went running over this bridge to catch him. The kids down below had scared the sheep off so they went running for the mountains. They ran right over the bridge I was running over to catch Joel. I grabbed Lucy and ran out of there way to safety! God is so good!

No comments: