Friday, July 30, 2010

Celebrate! Celebrate!

Joel just left a few minutes ago for his first day at his new job, and I can't tell you how overwhelmed I am with joy. I feel so blessed! Joel and I talked this morning about how it has been exactly 12 weeks from when Agilex told him to move or take a hike. His new job with Radiant Blue was definitely one we (and the company) did not anticipate, but little did we know what God had in store for us! Joel has done really well with being out of work and looking to the Lord for wisdom. I wish I could say the same for myself. Some days I found myself trusting in God one hour of the day and worrying the rest of the day.
I started to realize that some of my fears came from when my Dad foreclosed on his home when I was 10. That event left my Dad very bitter and angry which affected the rest of the family. I found myself not wanting to even talk about Joel being out of work so that I would not get emotional. It still makes me a little emotional, but now with joy rather than fear. It was one Sunday at church that the pastor spoke about how Satan doesn't want us to trust in the Lord. Lack of trust in God allows Satan to have a foothold in our lives. Hearing that was exactly what I needed to hear and became my constant prayer.
Thanks you all for praying for us through this tough time and encouraging us!

2 comments:

Rob and Carrie said...

So happy for you guys, too!!

Brent, Lori and Elli said...

So glad to hear this! What an answer to prayer.